1. My Meyer’s Briggs Profile says I’m an INFP (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiver). I think it’s pretty accurate.
2. My favorite scents are water scents. Davidoff’s Cool Water Woman is my favorite. Clean, crisp, ahhhhh!
3. My newest ice cream love is Moose Tracks.
4. I have the coolest job in the world. Really.
5. Fall is my favorite season, and not just because my birthday is in October.
6. My go-to drink at Starbucks is a non-fat Cinnamon Dolce Latte.
7. My favorite color is green. The shade of green I prefer changes from time to time.
8. I often think I can relate to Job. I’ve lost so much, but God has been more than faithful and gracious and has doubly replaced what was lost.
9. The ocean is my balm. I love being near it. It kind of surprises me. As a kid I loved and loathed going to the beach. Loved being at the ocean. Loathed being sticky and having sand stick to me. The sticky, sandy part is worth being by the sea. This is the furthest I’ve ever lived from the ocean. Colorado is beautiful, but it’s landlocked.
10. I got my first horse when I was in 4th grade. He was wonderful. He died when I was in middle school. My second horse was significantly less wonderful, but he filled the void I needed for a while. I desperately miss horses and riding. Stupid money.
11. My first grown-up job was working for American Greetings during my senior year in high school. I worked in a local department store making sure the American Greetings displays were well stocked and orderly. I had a lot of fun working in the store but not for the store.
12. “The Big Bang Theory” makes me laugh out loud.
13. I see six doctors on a more regular basis than I would like. I can’t remember what it’s like not to have something wrong with me.
14. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve had malaria. No, malaria isn’t one of the reasons I see any of those doctors. They’ve almost all ruled it out.
15. I love hanging out with my nephews. I’ll even do puzzles and play MarioKart with them. I hate puzzles and I inhale violently at most video games.
16. I never played team sports growing up. I did ski and ride horses. My knees no longer can tolerate skiing and my bank account can’t tolerate horseback riding very often.
17. I bless the inventor of the electric blanket almost every winter night when I crawl into bed.
18. I stopped listening to the radio in my car almost two years ago. I think I’ve had it on three times in the last two years to get a traffic report or because I thought I was tired and needed the chatter/music/noise. I don’t think I lasted more than 10 minutes when I had to turn it off.
19. I’m still looking for exercise that I enjoy and can do regularly. So far, nothing.
20. I love being in new places. I love seeing the world. I hate getting there.
21. I procrastinate. I procrastinate not just on the things I don’t want to do but on the things I really enjoy doing.
22. Dark chocolate is the only kind of chocolate for me. I make an exception for Butterfingers.
23. One of my greatest joys is being in touch with former students who are now friends and peers.
24. The phone is a useful tool, but I often forget that it has capabilities of dialing out not just ringing in. I love getting phone calls from friends, but I’m not very good at calling them. I’m trying to change that, but it’s a slow process.
25. I have a huge extended family, but I don’t have any first cousins.
photo courtesy of Keran McKenzie