- How old are you?
3. Where do you live right now?
I live in Gilbert, Arizona
4. Have you ever lived anywhere else?
No I have only lived in Gilbert and I love it!!!
5. Where are you planning to move to? Have you ever visited there?
I am planning to move to Warsaw, Poland and visited there last summer for 2 weeks.
6. What do you parents do (or what will they do) when you move to Poland?
Right at this moment my dad does contract negotionating for AT&T and my mom is a stay at home mom When we move overseas my mom might be working in the local orphanages and my dad will be reaching the business people for Christ and still working for AT&T!!!
7. How did you first react when your parents told you about their plans for your family to move cross culturally?
At first I was sooooo exciting and amazed to be going to a different
8. Do you have a different opinion now? (If you do, what is it and what has changed it?)
My opinion has changed enormously because I’ve begun to think about how much I’m going to miss my friends and family and how difficult it’s going to be to have to adjust to Poland and go to an entirely different school and the languages extremely difficult to pronounce and learn.
- 9. What’s the hardest part of the time in between finding out you’re going and actually going? Worrying about if I will be able to figure out if I’m going to be staying at the Junior High I am at now or if I’m going to be moved to a different Junior High, and the suspense that takes place among my friends and my teacher.
10. What are some of your favorite things about where you live now? My favorite things are my school, friends, and Ballroom Dancing Club.
11. What are a few of the things you’re looking forward to in Poland?
I’m hoping that I still get my own room, a TV, and computer.
12. What are you NOT looking forward to?
Having to move to Poland, the language, and leaving everything I know to obey Christ like my church, school, friends, and home.
13. Do you think you will have any advantages in life because you’ll be a TCK?
Yes I’ll get to have a life changing experiance, I’ll get to meet new people, and getting to learn a new language!!!!!!
14. Do you think you’ll miss out on anything because you’ll be a TCK?
Yes I was planning on going to NAU with my best friends and being roommates with them in college!
15. What schooling options will you use?
Well I will be attending the American School of Warsaw! This is an International School in Warsaw.
16. How do you feel about that?
I feel ok about it I love the options the school has for me I mean I think it’s a very cool school to attend and will be a great learning experience.
17. What advice do you have for those who are becoming TCKs?
My advice is that it might be scary at first to become a TCK and you might be afraid to move to a different country but in the long run it will be worth it.
18. What advice do you have for parents who are thinking about moving their family overseas?
My advice is if you’re going to be moving your family overseas then only the parents should go check stuff out first then take your kids over to become more familiar with where they will be moving and getting familiar with their surroundings.
19. What else do you want the world to know about you? (This is your chance to answer questions I wasn’t smart enough to ask, but that you think need answering—just be sure to include the question, too!)
I want the world to know that even though I’m sacred to move over to Poland it’s worth it for God!!
20. What do you plan to do when you finish your education? (As in what do you think you want to be when you grow up?)
I want to be a Pediatrician!