I took the laptop home Wednesday night so I could write a post for Thursday. Instead I spent a wonderful evening with a friend who also happens to be a neighbor. I knew I wouldn’t get to write yesterday, and today is slipping away. I don’t want to leave anyone hanging till Monday–you know in case you’re really yearning to know some of my thoughts.
My friend Sarah wrote a marvelous list on her blog today. She inspired me. (If you haven’t already clicked over there, please do it! She’s an amazing person, a superior cook, and a heck of a writer!)
Without further ado . . . here’s my list . . .
1. I ordered glasses on line today. When my eye doc’s office quoted me $475 (before taxes) to just put new lenses in my beloved frames, I almost keeled over. $475 (before taxes) is nowhere in anything resembling my budget. So, to Zenni Optical I went. I spent too much time reading about frames, putting frames in my “favorites” list, uploading my picture, “trying on” different frames. I even spent who knows how long on the phone with my mom going over the pros and cons of each of the 19 pair of frames in the favorites list as we both clicked them on and off my photo. In the end I spent the price of a lunch not on the dollar menu at a fast food place over $100 for my new glasses. I’d say that’s a significant savings . . . if they actually work. I’ve heard good reports from others, so I have fairly high hopes. I’ll keep you posted.
2. I made Paula Deen’s mac and cheese the other night. My mouth died and went to heaven. My thighs . . . they just died. As dairy fat loving as Ms. Deen is, I just don’t think she puts enough cheese in her dish. I remedied that much to the chagrin of my thighs. Seriously. I tripled the amount of cheese.
3. I finally pulled out the electric blanket this week. Oh heavenly comfort!!! Why did I wait so long?!?! I love that thing. I’ve learned the secret to it though–crank it up high. Get in bed. Journal. Read. Enjoy a full body heating pad. Turn it off. Go to sleep. If I forget the next to the last step? Yuck. I wake up a few hours later wondering how July wound up in January. It may have something to do with the 3 other blankets (one of them is down) and the fleece that I’ve been sleeping in. Maybe it has something to do with those things. Just maybe.
4. I finally went to the dentist after more years than I’d like to admit to. The hygenist proclaimed, “You would never know it has been that long.” I finally caved because eating eggs caused immense pain last week. Even though the pain went away, I knew it was wise to go. Just in case you’re wondering–I’m scheduled for a root canal next Thursday from 8 – 10 AM. That would be the same Thursday I’m scheduled to teach from 10:30 – 12:00. I think we’re changing the teaching schedule.
5. The sunset tonight was definite proof that God’s a Broncos fan. Just thought you should know. I’d post the pic I took on my phone, but that’s proof I need new glasses.
6. I really, really do not like numbers. I really, really, really do not like them when they’re connected to money. I really wish I had someone to manage all my money. Just tell me how much I can spend. Don’t make me deal with the engulfing anxiety that accompanies bills–even when I know the money is there. Now you know one of my dreams.
7. I’ve had a hard time focusing (literally and figuratively) lately. I’m not sure what it’s about. Sadly, I hit my stride about 4 PM when everyone else is thinking about packing up and calling it a day. It makes me look like I’m working extra hard . . . and I’m not. I’m just too scattered to accomplish anything significant before then. I wonder if I could ever convince an organization to run on my internal clock? Yeah–another of those fairly unattainable dreams. I don’t think it’s just a matter of living in the wrong time zone.
8. Lately I have a thing for Wendy’s All-Natural Lemonade. Yummmmmmm. It’s just the right balance of tart and sweet without tasting like chemicals. If you’re game, go try some.
9. I just found out picnik.com is closing in April. That makes me sad. Yes, they’re tools will be in other places, but I like using their site so much. I even considered buying a membership. Well, that’s $12 saved!
10. I hope you’ve enjoyed my random thoughts this evening. I’m headed to home group and then hours upon hours of sleep.
Why don’t you shoot me your own list? It will be fun. Really.
clipboard and pen image courtesy of woodsy on rgbstock.com; editing courtesy of picnik. (sniff)