Life has been rather hectic. I plan to blog, and then my plans change. If you seek profundities today, you need to look elsewhere. If you’d like a few random snapshots of my life over the past few weeks, please keep reading.
1. The gym has become a major part of my time away from the office. I simultaneously love it and hate it. I love feeling my muscles at work. I hate that I’m just a little sore most of the time. I love that I might be getting stronger. I hate sweating. I really, really hate sweating so much that it drips off my nose, or that the sweat tries to drip off any semi-angular part of my body. I hate the way the floor of the weight area smells. I like the way I’m learning to engage the muscles I should engage instead of the ones I’ve generally used.
2. We’ve had a lull in the usual schedule. I didn’t go to PFO. That made me sad, but it also meant I had more time to spend with the interns and more time to prepare for the rest of the summer. I hate being a grown up and having to make hard choices. I know it was the right thing to do, I’m just not used to it.
3. Last year my neighbor decided the 3 square feet of arable land at the end of my “patio” slab were going to waste. This spring we bought soil and seed. I water it almost every day. (Yes, occasionally, I neglect my agricultural duties.) I currently have two zucchini plants, a few pea plants, and some morning glories and/or moon flowers. At least that’s what she says. The zucchini seem to have plans of world domination; the others may or may not learn to climb the netting put in place for them.
4. I canceled my cable a few months ago. I’ve discovered a few gems from BBC thanks to Amazon. I’ve found some new to me reruns on a weird channel that you only get with an antenna. I’m not really missing cable TV.
5. I feel like I have gazillion things I should be doing right now. I can’t figure out what they are. I hate that feeling. My insides churn with the thought of all that needs to be done, but my brain can’t grab onto the facts. I’m thankful I have a few interns who thrive on lists and charts and schedules. I don’t, but I appreciate them (both the interns and the list-ish things they make to help me).
6. I found out (thanks to one of my interns) there has never been a known case of a chipmunk passing rabies to a human. It’s a good piece of trivia. Tuck it away. You just never know when someone might just pick up a chipmunk (“Why wouldn’t you?!?!?!”) and get bit (That’s why!).
7. The fires in CO were horrid, but they didn’t come near me. For a while there was a distinct smell of campfire in the air. I would wonder, “Who would have a fire now?!” Then I would remember that CO was burning. Apparently the whole state would have a fire.
Well, there you have it. A snapshot of my life for the last few weeks. One picture a day.
What’s happening with you?
photo courtesy of taliesen from morguefiles.com; modified at pixlr.com